Wholesale Organic Potting Soil and Soil Amendment Blends
Need soil for your greenhouse, nursery, or landscape design firm? Looking for larger sized bags of our Retail Blends? If so, we have a line of Wholesale Blends available for you!
All of our Retail Products are available in Wholesale Packaging: plain, white, woven poly 2 cu. ft. bags or 60 cu. ft. super sacks. In addition, we have blends that are specifically sold in Wholesale Packaging.
We are happy to provide quote for custom projects (20 pallet, or 50 cu. yd. minimum). Private Label opportunities are available as well!
Here’s what Sarah Sterling, the school’s Associate Director of College Counseling, had to say about the Organic Mechanics products used in their horticulture education:
“The Shipley School’s horticulture program provides all members of the community with opportunities to learn together, grow as individuals, and cultivate well-being through horticultural initiatives. As an educational institution, sustainability and hands-on learning are integrated into our program.”
“Using Organic Mechanics products means that our students can plant flowers and grow food, without the concern of coming into contact with harmful chemical fertilizers. Additionally, since our horticultural activities range from seed-starting to designing and planting exhibits for the Philadelphia Flower Show, Organic Mechanics always has the right soil for the job.”
It’s such a blessing to know our creations have such an impact.
We recommend mixing your desired nutrients, biology, and minerals with Biochar for a minimum of four weeks before using it. This allows time for the Biochar to become inoculated.*
Biochar improves soil quality for a lifetime, so soil performance gets better year after year!
For Containers, mix in at a 5% rate with your preferred growing medium, such as Container Blend or Cocodelphia
For Garden Beds, 1 cu. ft. will cover 48 sq. ft. at a 5″ depth
*Skipping the inoculation step reduces effectiveness the 1st year, as Biochar will adsorb nutrients and minerals from the surrounding soil, reducing plant-available nutrients in the soil solution. Work with a pre-inoculated Biochar Blend for best results. However, in some landscape situations, blending pure Biochar into soil has advantages that outweigh this limitation.
Close-up of 100% Biochar
Click here to learn more about Biochar, and the amazing Biochar Products we have.
Professional Grower’s Blend
Pictured Above: Professional Grower’s Blend
- A very well-drained blend (more drainage than our Container Blend), great for annuals, vegetables, perennials, and tropicals.
- Designed for use as a greenhouse medium
- Performs well in large architectural planters too!
- Contains an 8-4-4 OMRI listed fertilizer, providing 3-4 weeks of nutrients
- We recommend adding additional slow release fertilizer 3-4 weeks after planting time, or as needed, for best results
- 100% Organic, NOP Compliant
- Contains: Coir, pine bark, rice hulls, compost, earthworm castings, fertilizer
Pictured Above: Stormwater Blend
- Uses: Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) projects that require an engineered soil with specific drainage properties
- Drains well to allow storm water to infiltrate quickly
- Holds enough moisture to support healthy plant growth
- Filters storm water pollutants out, allowing resulting run off water to be cleaner
- Meets Philadelphia Water Department guidelines for GSI projects
- Used by Pennsylvania Horticulture Society for all downspout planters installed as part of Raincheck Program
- Contains: Sand, topsoil, compost, softwood biochar