Bi-o-char is a highly porous carbon that improves nutrient adsorption and provides a practically permanent home for beneficial soil biology. Proper use will boost yields and increase the effectiveness of your grow!
Biochar is made through a process called pyrolysis, utilizing organic matter as a feed stock. After years of working with various grades of Biochar, we now utilize the highest quality Biochar available!
Biochar is an ancient technology with its roots in the Amazon over 2,000 years ago. Biochar is a growth and yield booster since its pure carbon structure retains nutrients and acts as a high rise apartment for soil microbes. Biochar is an incredible garden tool that makes soil more fertile by increasing nutrient holding capacity. Biochar also helps in moisture retention and has been used for soil contamination remediation.
Simply put, you’re going to have a healthier and more vibrant garden when properly using Biochar. You’ll get year-after-year benefits from this lifetime soil amendment.
We offer our Biochar Products in 1 cu. ft. bags, as well as in 2 cu. yd. super sacks (bulk). 100% Biochar is available in wholesale packaging. Our Biochar Blend is available in retail bags as well as super sacks.
Our Fuhgeddaboudit! Root Zone Feeder Packs are also a biochar-based product. Learn more about them here.
Soil Enhancement that helps grow BIG plants and INCREASE yields
- Fully charged and ready to use on all types of plants
- Alfalfa Meal and Kelp Meal add valuable nutrients
- Bone Char adds necessary phosphorous and calcium
- Zeolite and Azomite are minerals that nourish microbes and plant roots
- For Containers, mix in at a 10% rate with your preferred growing media, such as our Container Blend or Cocodelphia
- 100% Organic!
Pictured Above: Biochar Blend Detail
We recommend mixing your desired nutrients, biology, and minerals with Biochar for a minimum of four weeks before using it. This allows time for the Biochar to become inoculated.*
- Biochar improves soil quality for a lifetime, so soil performance gets better year after year!
- For Containers, mix in at a 5% rate with your preferred growing medium, such as Container Blend or Cocodelphia
- For Garden Beds, 1 cu. ft. will cover 48 sq. ft. at a 5″ depth
- 100% Organic!
*Skipping the inoculation step reduces effectiveness the 1st year, as Biochar will adsorb nutrients and minerals from the surrounding soil, reducing plant-available nutrients in the soil solution. Work with a pre-inoculated Biochar Blend for best results. However, in some landscape situations, blending pure Biochar into soil has advantages that outweigh this limitation.